Millwoods Bottle Depot offers a special bottle drop-off service in Edmonton for customers with large loads in the $500 range or higher. This service is perfect for those who:
- Don’t have time to do any pre-sorting
- Don’t have time to wait around while our staff sort and count their load
A $500 load is at least two full pick-up truck loads or a small cube van. The following example is for a typical full pick-up truck load.
This assumes a typical mix of beer, under litre and over litre containers, and no contamination with non-refundable containers or garbage.
You should consider our bulk-load drop-off service if you are:
- Providing a residential or apartment bottle collection service using a large van or trailer
- Doing care-taking or janitorial services for large offices, schools or cafeterias
- Responsible for container returns for a big wedding or special event
- Responsible for container returns for a large commercial establishment (e.g. bar or restaurant)
Bulk loads for drop-off must be:
- Clean (i.e. no garbage)
- Free of broken glass
- At least $500 or more in volume (average)
- Contact us first to discuss your situation and make sure this service fits your needs. At this time, we’ll set up your account or other payment option.
- Schedule your drop-off at least 24 hours in advance by calling 780-944-6922 or emailing us.
- Bring your bulk load in at the scheduled time and we will help you off-load it at our bulk load service area.
- No waiting! Our staff will sort and count your load during a slower period of the day, or if necessary, after hours. Our reputation and track record for honesty and accuracy guarantees you a fair and accurate count.
- You will receive the final count, a detailed tally chit, and payment by whatever means is most convenient for you.
- In return for help with off-loading, saving you several hours of waiting while we process your load, and eliminating any need for you to open bags or handle the containers again, we charge a flat-rate service fee of $40 which is deducted from your refund. However, we can waive this fee for customers who bring in loads that meet our basic expectations of:
- Minimal garbage
- Most glass in boxes (not bags), and no broken glass
- Arriving within the agreed-upon time window that you scheduled for drop-off
- Meeting or exceeding $500 in refund value
For more information or to discuss this service option further, email or call us and leave a clear message.